How COVID-19 is affecting the restaurant industry? And what can be done about it?
The streets in the busiest cities of the world’s most populous nations are now empty. While people are staying safe at the comforts of their homes, the economy faces the gravest threat. The experts say the coronavirus effects are severe even compared to the great financial crisis in 2007–08.
Being one of the top employers in the global economy, the restaurant industry is among the most affected sectors.
Here are the latest statistics according to the “National Restaurant Association” to understand the enormous impact:
• The food and beverage industry employs 15.6 million people, and more than 70% of these restaurants are small businesses that support their local communities.
• The restaurant industry is expected to add 1.6 million jobs over the next decade, with employment reaching 17.2 million by 2030.
• Restaurants are the top employers of teenagers in the economy: 1 in 3 employed teens work in the restaurant industry.
• The total economic impact of the restaurant industry is more than $2.5 trillion.
• 63% of consumers say they would rather spend money on an experience such as a restaurant or other activity, compared to purchasing an item from a store.
Main challenges we’re seeing after coronavirus are:
• Falling revenues and footfalls.
• Having difficulties paying fixed overheads and other expenses.
• Mandatory layoffs.
Let’s fight together: What can be done about it?
Restaurants are facing the loss of their entire dine-in business, and it’s time to take some serious precautions. If you’re a traditional restaurant, now is the best time to offer a delivery service.
According to the National Restaurant Association’s 2020 consumer trends,
• 52% of consumers say purchasing takeout or delivery food is essential to the way they live.
• 58% of consumers say they are more likely to have restaurant food delivered than they were two years ago.
We offer Linga Online Ordering FREE for 6 months to support the restaurant community!
Linga Online ordering is the most effective and safest way to allow customers to still shop with you during COVID-19 days. While your customers stay at the comforts of their homes, online ordering minimizes the risk of coronavirus infection in your physical restaurant. With seamless features and integrations, you can immediately start accepting orders from online customers looking for delivery options nearby with a fast, easy, and powerful ordering platform that comes included with Linga rOS.
• You can set custom delivery zones and have different order types such as pick up or delivery.
• You can manage multiple order types at once, speed up cook times, and increase your overall profits.
• You can track your average online order amount, total daily orders, top menu items, and customers who order the most.
• Linga Online Ordering is now FREE of charge for 6 months with no obligations and no fees!
Streamline food production and cut costs with Central Kitchen
The Central Kitchen is another cost-cutting measure you can take! Central Kitchen software helps businesses get more things done with fewer resources. By managing transfers, purchase orders and inventory from a central location, you can lower food and labor costs, maintain higher quality and safety, and keep food consistent.
• Other features Central Kitchen includes are:
• Central reporting to track productivity
• Smart & organized inventory system
• Delivery dashboard accessible anywhere
• Easy administration
If you are ready to learn more, you can request a FREE DEMO today!
We are here to protect your business and employees during the coronavirus outbreak.
Contact us now and learn how Linga can help you!